When you hire landscape construction professionals, you get to incorporate all the features you want in your yard- from adding greenery to sitting place, fire pits, water fountains, dining area and a beautiful patio. Although, you can choose to add anything depending upon your budget, yet it is challenging to maintain the fresh look of your landscaping, mostly the greenery.
Imagine how your aesthetically pleasing outdoor garden will appear if the flowers and plants die out, grass rots and trees sulk in? Yes, you need to know that designing a landscape is not the bigger task, maintaining it and taking care of the living things is. If you become too ignorant of the plants and flowers you have planted in your landscaping, they will appear dull and ultimately die out.
Therefore, give them their daily required nutrients and keep them hydrated. Similarly, if you water them a lot without considering the water wastage, you need to find better methods to save water and indirectly your water bill. Plant only seasonal bushes, plants, flowers and herbs which will bloom fully and add to the beauty of your garden. Down below are mentioned some of the easy ways to water your landscaping-
1) Install an automatic rain shutoff device- Many homeowners have no idea about how much water do their plants need. Either they overwater their lawn or provides with less than the optimum level required for their growth. Therefore, if you are using an irrigation system, then you must assimilate this inexpensive device named automatic rainwater shutoff device which can save extra water from running into the lawn and in turn protects it.
2) Update your water irrigation system- If you have a pre-existing irrigation system, then it is time to update it. Spending some extra dollars can save you on bills later on. Therefore, add a weather-based irrigation controller which can increase the water efficiency by 40/50 per cent.
If you do not have an irrigation system, I would suggest you install one since watering plants become difficult at times when you are pre-occupied with lots of work.
3) Install rain barrel- The cost-free remedy for your landscaping is installing rain barrels. You must not be aware of the fact that rainwater is the best source of water for your plants and trees since it is free from all sorts of chemicals. Your irrigation experts can guide you about how to integrate rainwater with your irrigation system. These days you can use rain barrels of variant size, designs and material that will not look odd in your landscaping.
4) Inspect water leaks- The faucets you have installed on the exteriors to water your plants can get damaged due to changing weather or non-maintenance; leaks in these faucets can cause water to run and keep your lawn mushy. If you do not get it repaired, the mushy yard will become a breeding ground for pest, mold and unleash a foul odor.
5) Go native- If you do not want to exceed your water bill and if you do not have time to water your plants regularly, go for planting native and drought-resistant plants that can thrive well in less water and low maintenance.