Intermittent fasting is basically an eating pattern where you follow a cycle of eating and fasting. When you go through this type of fasting your insulin level tends to drop for not consuming food and when your insulin level is on a decreasing rate it enables the cells to release energy which is stored in the form of glucose. This way we are able to burn fat more quickly.
Also, intermittent fasting leads to fewer calorie consumption which results in faster weight loss. During this fasting you use your body fats stored in cells as fuel which leads to burning of fats instead of storing and this results in weight loss. It is beneficial in other ways also as it lowers down your blood pressure, reduces cholesterol and slows down the aging process.
Below given are some benefits of intermittent fasting:
It helps to reduce weight and belly fat:
- Since intermittent fasting involves eating fewer meals thereby less intake of calories it will lead to reduced weight and belly fat.
- Also, during this fasting your insulin levels tend to decrease and hormone level increases which results in breakdown of body fat and using it in the form of energy.
- Basically this fasting boosts the metabolic rate and decreases the amount of your food intake which in turn reduces the calorie intake resulting in reduced weight.
It is beneficial for your heart:
- These days heart diseases have become the world’s biggest killer. But intermittent fasting has known to reduce the level of risks associated with the health of your heart.
- It minimizes various risk factors related to heart like blood pressure, increased cholesterol, blood triglycerides, inflammatory markers and blood sugar levels.
- A heart is the center of all body functions, hence it has to be in good health and condition for other body parts to work. Intermittent fasting lowers the level of risks associated with your heart.
It may increase your lifespan:
- The main advantage of intermittent fasting is that it increases your lifespan. Since it involves low calorie intake it enables you to stay fit and healthy.
- When you remain healthier and in shape, it obviously increases your lifespan and helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Controlling the amount of your food consumption leads to less calorie intake which ultimately leads to reduced weight.
It alters the function of your cell, genes and hormones:
- Intermittent fasting alters the function of your cell, genes and hormones. The levels of insulin drop which leads to fat burning.
- Our body initiates necessary cellular repair processes like removal of waste material from cells.
- Our genes and molecules go through several changes related to protection against various diseases and longevity.
It reduces oxidative stress:
- Aging and other chronic diseases can lead to oxidative stress and intermittent fasting is capable of improving the body’s resistance to oxidative stress.
- Intermittent fasting is basically beneficial for your whole body as it burns your fat and uses it in the form of fuel.