Amidst the high demand for sustainability, the fashion industry is witnessing a vast chunk of bloggers and regular audience shifting to a capsule or minimalist wardrobe. If you do not know what that means, a minimalist wardrobe is the one that has a minimum number of clothing items that can be used to create interchangeable and flexible outfits.
Regardless of the age, body type, or budget, a minimalist wardrobe helps you build a cloth collection that you love or is precisely needed for your lifestyle. Though it is limited, it is versatile at the same time and can be worn every day without looking repetitive. So, even if you happen to own only 14 clothing items, there are possibilities you can create 120 different outfits out of it.
This post outlines exactly what you need for a timeless, minimalist wardrobe. If you have been searching for a list of necessary items to include in it, look no further. You have found it!
But here is one thing – each man is unique, and so is his style. The list of essentials I have mentioned down below may be perfect for one but may not fit others. Thus, I would advise you to consider this list as a starting point and make additions/subtractions depending on your style statement and preferences.
- T-Shirts – are the most versatile pieces of apparels in the world that can be worn with anything and everything. However, quality matters big time here so that basicness doesn’t look cheap.
- Long-Sleeved Button-Up Shirts – pack style and elegance together; especially the slim-fit white shirts. They are dynamic and can be used for both smart casual and semi-formal dress codes.
- Cashmere Sweater – with minimal stitching and in neutral tone is an ultra-trendy and comfortable option. It looks good both with jeans and trousers.
- Overcoat – gives an illusion of long and sleek torso and gives excellent comfort in chilly winter months.
- Denim Jacket – is an effective apparel choice for a man’s wardrobe. It just ties the entire outfit together. However, be careful about the quality you buy.
Dress it Up
- Two-Piece Suit – is a must-have if you have formal meetings or business events to attend several times each year. Pick one in grey or navy.
- High-Quality Chinos – with formal belts are perfect alternatives to jeans that you can wear to the office on casual days. They are a bit neutral than dress pants, yet look amazingly sophisticated.
- Dress Shirts – in white, light blue and black are great choices for workplace. But, make sure you invest in high-quality ones only.
- Casual Sneakers – are essential to keep you comfortable and light-weight on feet on routine days. Prefer white sneakers to set the tone for your outfit’s clean lines and tonal hues.
- Brown Brogues – are crucial pieces of men’s wardrobe. They work with both casual outfits and formal attires, and you surely would need them at some point in your life.
- Leather Belts – are the most subtle elements that can make or break your entire outfit. So, make sure you invest in a premium leather belt that matches your shoes.
- Sunglasses – that complements your face structure and features are so important. They will not only protect your eyes but also add a glam factor to your plain look.