Siding is an important part of your home’s exterior but it often remains ignored. Your home’s siding is responsible for enhancing the curb appeal of your property, as well as adding a protective layer to it. It not only protects the exterior of your home but also acts as a shield for protecting the interior of your home against the elements. Given the important functions performed by siding, it’s crucial to install the premium quality siding. But choosing the best siding material can be a daunting task. This is because several options are available in the market which makes it difficult to pick the best one.

At present, vinyl siding is the most popular choice because it provides attractive and long-lasting protection. Back in the 1960s, vinyl was vulnerable to cracking and sagging. But over the years, the use of high-tech, modern manufacturing techniques have transformed vinyl into a high-performing material for cladding. The latest vinyl siding can withstand severe weather conditions while keeping your home beautiful.

Vinyl siding is composed of up to 80% polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin. A mixture of other ingredients comprises the remaining 20% that determines the color and other features of the siding. Vinyl siding can be installed in varying thicknesses, impact resistance, texture, and finishes. You may now wonder if vinyl siding is the right choice for your home. So, check out some great benefits of choosing vinyl exterior siding over other options.
Durable and Long-Lasting

Other siding materials like wood or metal are prone to rotting, rusting, or corroding. But vinyl is moisture resistant and can withstand high temperatures, gusty winds, hail, and other extreme climates. Vinyl siding is designed to last for decades and you may even apply coatings to increase its functionality and durability. Some homeowners apply an ultraviolet (UV) coating that can help reflect sun rays. If installed properly, your vinyl siding will not warp and can even prevent pests such as termites.

Low Price & Low Maintenance

A major advantage of choosing vinyl is the low cost. This material is more affordable than other options, such as wood or brick. Vinyl is not only affordable but also low-maintenance and energy-efficient which makes it a cost-effective material. Once installed, you don’t need to repaint or apply a stain every year. To maintain its look and color, occasional power wash is sufficient to remove a buildup of dirt and mud.

Energy Efficient

The high-quality insulated vinyl siding can be installed to lower your heating and cooling costs. This type of siding works like a blanket and insulates your home by preventing heat loss between wall studs. This helps in keeping your home warmer during the winter and cooler during the summer.

Versatile

Vinyl is available in a wide variety of colors and textures to compliment your home’s exterior look. You may even find vinyl that looks like other materials, such as wood, brick or stone. It is also possible to mix and match colors and textures to achieve the exact look you want. This, in turn, improves the curb appeal of your home.