Whether your project includes parking lot, highway, or driveway, you need an asphalt paving contractor who can provide you with the best services. To make sure that the company you have hired for your project is an ideal one, you need to do some research on service providers. You may also need to get some recommendations from a trusted source such as your friends or neighbors.
It is crucial to consider multiple sources for recommendations and references before making the final selection if you want the best of the services. Talking to other people, you will get to know what problems are faced while working with a paving contractor, and thus you will be warned of the shortcomings. Further, you may also need to consider the quality of paving materials and products used by the contractor.
Now, let us see what qualities a professional asphalt paving contractor must possess.
- Competitive pricing – It is an important factor when selecting an asphalt paving contractor. Also, the contractor should provide a complimentary visit and quote. When examining the price, don’t forget to consider the quality and type of asphalt, the quality of equipment, and complexity of the project areas. Make sure that the contractor doesn’t unnecessarily lower the price just to attract you. It is because low pricing may compromise the quality of the material used.
- Positive reviews – A reputable asphalt paving contractor who has impressed the past clients will surely have several positive reviews. So, make sure to go through them on the site of the contractor. Don’t hire the company with more than two negative reviews.
- Years of experience – The asphalt paving contractor that you are planning to hire must have enough experience to serve your purpose. Moreover, leaning on the knowledge of an experienced asphalt paving expert will help you in making good choices for your property as well as saving you money.
- Good communication skills –Contractors who are able to communicate in a clear and informed way are the most reliable one. They value their client and understand the importance of good communication skills. Therefore, while hiring a paving contractor, make sure that he sounds professional as well as courteous.
- Licensed – License is proof that the company is permitted by the higher authorities to provide the specific services. So, never miss checking the license of the professional before hiring. Also, the license gives you a sense of reliability that your job will be done by a specialist.
- Insured – After license, the presence of insurance is another important thing that you need to look for. Also, make sure that the insurance that contractor has is not expired. Insurance will protect you and workers if any mishap occurs.
- Written Contract – Before starting any work, get everything in written. The written contract must include start date, estimated completion date, material used, and cost involved. If the contractor denies providing these things in written, then better look for some other contractor.