Your love for your pet is eternal. Right? But turned off by the nasty smell they leave behind? It is obvious that homes having pets need frequent cleanings than those without pets. Pets urinate accidentally inside the home. The condition worsens when they pee on the carpet. The floor can be cleaned easily, but it’s not easy to clean the carpet. It gets stains and begins to stink with time. Stains harness the appeal of your house, and stinky carpet doesn’t let you stay in a good mood. Moreover, the dirty and smelly carpet is very unwelcoming. Your guests can make an impression of yours as an unhygienic person.
Looking for a way to get rid of pet urine stains and smell from your carpet?
Don’t look more! We are here with the top 3 carpet cleaning ways.
- Homemade Solution – DIY or homemade cleaning solutions can help save the money that you had to spend on buying solutions from the store. Moreover, these solutions are very effective and help you get rid of the stains.
For caution, test the homemade solution on a small area first. It will help you assure yourself that the solution does not discolor the carpet. Clean the affected area gently and don’t scrub it too hard. Otherwise, you will push the stain deep into the fibers of the carpet. The following are a few solutions that you can make at home:
- Vinegar and Baking Soda – Cover the stain with vinegar and then sprinkle baking soda over it. Then cover it with a towel and leave it for 1-2-days. After that, clean the dried baking soda and rinse the carpet with cold water. At the end, blot dry with a towel.
- Dishwashing Detergent – Add a quarter teaspoon of dishwashing detergent and a cup of warm water in a spray bottle. Spray the prepared solution on the stain and then dry with a towel.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Make a solution by adding four tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, few drops of dish soap and two tablespoons of warm water. Spray it on the stain. Then rinse and towel dry.
- Buy a stain remover from store – If you don’t want to make the solution by yourself, then buy a ready-to-use solution from the market. Before purchasing, make sure that the chemicals in it are not harmful to your pet.
It is recommended not to use the cleaner in large quantities as it leaves a sticky residue that can worsen the problem.
- Call Professional Carpet Cleaners – What professionals can do, nobody else can. It is so because they are well trained and have good knowledge of their services. Thus, professionals can help you get rid of the stains and odor from deep inside the carpet. They have years of experience and know how to handle different carpets differently. So prefer to book an appointment with a carpet cleaner to treat pet urine affected area.